In TechCrunch investor surveys of years past, we’ve seen a big focus on fixing what’s broken or bringing the infrastructure into the modern era. But the world has dramatically changed since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
More of us saw our doctor on video than ever before in 2020 — reaching a 300-fold increase in telehealth visits. It was the year healthcare finally moved fully into the digital space with data management solutions as well. And, though those digital visits have fallen slightly from the beginning of the pandemic, it doesn’t look like people want to go back to the way things were in the foreseeable future.
- Bryan Roberts and Bob Kocher, partners, Venrock
- Nan Li, managing director, Obvious Ventures
- Elizabeth Yin, general partner, Hustle Fund
- Christina Farr, principal investor and health tech lead, OMERS Ventures
- Ursheet Parikh, partner, Mayfield Ventures
- Nnamdi Okike, co-founder and managing partner, 645 Ventures
- Emily Melton, founder and managing partner, Threshold Ventures
There are their responses.