The Healthcare Ventures team brings investment, medical and digital health expertise to the table. All are entrepreneurs in their own rights:
Partnership and Fund Manager Board
- Roger Allen AM – Chairman and pioneer of Australia’s venture capital industry is a renowned active early-stage investor and director. Roger has had heavy involvement in several very successful ASX listed digital health companies, including Volpara Health and the recently listed, Doctor Care Anywhere.
- Dr Louise Schaper – Australia’s pre-eminent digital health evangelist and CEO of the Australasian Institute of Digital Health.
- Darren Heathcote – Experienced adviser and investor in healthcare.
- Dr Bronwyn King AO – Radiation Oncologist and founder and CEO of Tobacco Free Portfolios.
They are joined by an esteemed Advisory Board:
- Grahame Grieve – the ‘Father of FHIR’, advisor to governments, vendors and care providers globally, head of the global FHIR community and is on the list of 15 Health IT Standards and Interoperability Rockstars to Know.
- Dr Amandeep Hansra – General Practitioner, angel investor, advisor and strategist, Ex CEO Telstra Readycare and founder of Creative Careers in Medicine, a community of over 10,000 doctors and co-founder of Australian Medical Angels with over 300 active health tech angel investors.
- Adj A/Prof David Rowlands – One of Australia’s most senior health informaticians with extensive international experience.
- Dr Arran Schlosberg – Medical doctor, software engineer, and co-founding CTO with deep technical expertise and international experience in the healthcare industry, including at HealthMatch, Google, and DeepMind.
Focussing on technology, Healthcare Ventures will pay close attention to innovations in fields such as artificial intelligence, augmented reality/virtual reality, large scale data, advanced diagnostics, health IOT and telehealth.
The fund first closing is expected in the first half of 2021.