The annual MedCity News virtual INVEST conference, April 19-23. MedCity has assembled compelling speakers to address the rapid transformation of healthcare, spurred by the public health crisis, at this year’s conference.
This year, INVEST will address six broad themes through a mix of live and pre-recorded sessions:
- Public Health & Health Equity
- Healthcare Delivery
- Healthcare Investing & Financing
- Empowering Patients
- Behavioral Health
- Employer Health
Christina Farr, Principal with OMERS Ventures, will moderate the healthcare delivery discussion, From Video Visits to Comprehensive Humanized Virtual Care
Although healthcare organizations were forced to rapidly scale their virtual health and video visit offerings, we’re still far away from integrating technology into healthcare to get to an optimal combination of the human touch and the tech.
The speakers on the panel include:
- Toyin Ajayi, MD, Co-founder and Chief Health Officer, Cityblock Health
- Ami Bhatt, MD, Director, Outpatient and TeleCardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Harsh Vathsangam, PhD, co-founder and CEO, Moving Analytics
Another session at the conference on April 19 will highlight what healthcare insights big tech companies have developed from the public health crisis.
MedCity News Editor in Chief Arundhat Parmar will moderate the panel discussion, Big Tech Unplugged: Covid-19 Lessons and Opportunities.
Technology has been stress tested like never before in managing the pandemic. Leaders at Microsoft and Google Cloud will discuss AI in healthcare, virtual care, interoperability and where we go from here.
The speakers include:
- Aashima Gupta, Global Director, Healthcare Solutions, Google Cloud
- Gregory Moore, MD, PhD, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Health
Additionally there will be the startup pitch contest, Pitch Perfect, spanning five tracks: health IT, health services, medical devices, diagnostics and biopharma.